Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Can your brain handle this simple concept?

Mental Toughness your guide to your brain...                2.7.12

Attitude is everything!  The one thing a person completely controls is the way they choose to think.  No matter where a person stands on Earth, they control their thoughts, truly an internalization of what we choose to think about...Also known as mental strength, well it makes up 25% of our health (Physical, Emotional, Social are the other 75%) and how a person feels daily.
Often the responsibility of a person’s actions is placed into the “blame” category for someone else, doing something to US!  I found this very typical with my high school students, but really adults do it as well, but in a more conviecing way to get others compassion on their side.   Well, no matter how others react around me, I have trained myself (yes, you can actually train yourself to think differently) to place ALL responsibility to my actions/reactions on my own shoulders.  I am free to think how I want!  So is everyone else too, but many don’t take advantage of the power of EVERYTHING.  Because really, who is in control of our bodies?  I tend to think the MIND is?......Who controls your brain again?  Yep, you do silly!
The jist is that I hear a tremendous amount of complaining about what has happened or what is happening by someone else. But when I listen closely to what “they” are saying, well it seems very clear that the main issue is the complainer has a “weak” brain.  I know that is a crazy concept, but quality mental health is the ability to adapt to a new concept, learn something new, or basically accept new habits.  Really, what is happening inside to the brain in these situations is it is rewiring itself, but we just say we are making new choices, have set a goal, or changing our old habits.  This all falls under Mental Health, how we think, then respond to what we are thinking through actions and body language. 
I’m not trying to solve a problem here, just make others more aware that they are direct result of their unhappiness/complaining/or situation.  Of course our environment will play a major role into how we think and even those around you directly impact thought, but then again we choose those choices too. 
The concept of taking FULL responsibility for how a person thinks is a simple concept, but much more challenging to manifest if you have bad habits of blaming someone else for the way YOU CHOOSE TO THINK...

No comments:

Post a Comment